CONTINUE TO CORE TRAINING
INTRO TO AXURE RP
WHAT IS AXURE RP?
It focuses on flexibility—offering features for building across the full spectrum of low-to-high visual and interactive fidelity—and on empowering non-coders, giving access to its full range of features via a friendly, drag-and-drop interface.
Axure RP exports interactive and annotated wireframes and prototypes to an HTML output format, for review by stakeholders in a web browser.
THE AXURE RP ENVIRONMENT
At the center of the Axure RP interface is the canvas, where diagrams are created by arranging components called widgets. The canvas is surrounded by toolbars and instrument panes: at the top are the global menu and the Main Toolbar, used for common tasks like changing cursor tools and arranging widgets, and to the left and right are panes that control project assets like pages, widgets, and masters, and manage widget styling and interactions.
A MAP OF THE ENVIRONMENT
2. Canvas: Lay out widgets on this drag-and-drop environment. You can optionally add a grid and guides.
3. Pages: Add, remove, rename, and organize the pages in your file.
4. Libraries: Resource for widgets such as buttons, images, text and shapes. Drag the widgets from the Libraries pane and drop them onto the canvas. Via the Libraries pane you can switch between libraries of widgets, load additional libraries, and create your own custom libraries.
5. Masters: Add, remove, rename and organize masters—centrally managed sets of widgets that you can reuse throughout your file.
6. Inspector: Comprises three tabs. Whatever is selected on the canvas—whether it's a single widget or several—will be configurable via the Inspector. If nothing is selected on the canvas, the Inspector will show page-level controls.
- Properties Tab: Add and edit interactions and other interactive properties.
- Notes Tab: Add and edit widget and page notes.
- Style Tab: Edit widget and page styling.
7. Outline: View a searchable, sortable, and filterable list of all widgets, masters, and dynamic panels on the current diagram.
AXURE RP WORKS ON WINDOWS AND MAC
Axure RP is available for both the Windows and Mac operating systems. The two versions provide the same functionality and RP files can be shared across the two platforms.
Most of the differences between the two versions are related to UI conventions (like dialog visual styles and keyboard shortcuts that use [CTRL] on Windows and [CMD] on Mac). The product documentation, training articles, and tutorials apply to both versions.
Tip: You can toggle the toolbars and instrument panes via the options in the "View" menu.